RESOLVE: New Youth Order, provides an opportunity for young people to engage with decision-makers on a local, regional, national, EU and international-basis to share their thoughts, opinions and participate in democratic practices.
Since 1991, with the collapse of the Soviet Union and Yugoslavia, ushered in the ‘New World Order’ resulting in a change of political power and the foundation of 22 new countries in Europe and resulting in fundamental change in on the continent, not seen since 1945.
With the Economic crisis, the Refugee crisis and Brexit, Europe is once again facing dramatical change.
RESOLVE: New Youth Order, is a dialogue-focused project providing an opportunity for young people affected by these dramatic changes to engage, debate and influence European and neighbouring countries’ decision-makers.
As a RESOLVE programme, the RESOLVE: New Youth Order project will mobilise a range of reconciliation and peacebuilding techniques to achieve, this including:
- People to people dialogue
- Debate for Peace methods
- Simulation games
- Mediation techniques
- Effective communication & advocacy
While also organising a platform of events, meetings and activities for ‘Resolvers’ (a young person) to connect with decision-makers and their peers.
This will include:
- Young person to decision-maker dialogue sessions to discuss the future of young people, Britain and young people’s role as former EU citizens.
- Young people will connect with decision-makers to discuss conflict in their communities caused by key socio-economical-political issues which have occurred over the last 5-10 years including: long term effects of the Economic Crisis and Austerity, Refugee crisis, the rise of the Right and increased social intolerance, the social effects of Brexit and other issues causing conflict.
- Debate for Peace activities – bringing young people experiencing conflict in their home countries will debate their position, the situation and to engage with peer young people and decision-makers about their future and participation in democratic life in all project countries and the EU
- Reconciliation Simulation games with young people representing different democratic institutions and replicating the roles of decision-makers in their home countries, EU Council and other democratic bodies.
This project will include 2 UK-based activities for local UK youth and 2 transnational-level activities – one in London, UK and one in Uppsala, Sweden involving young people from: UK; Sweden; Azerbaijan; and Bosnia-Herzegovina.
To apply, register here.
Alternatively, if you have already been involved in a RESOLVE programme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org expressing your interest in the project.
Transnational activities have been on hold since the start of the pandemic, however, UK local activities are being delivered digitally. Please monitor our News Updates and our Social Media for information on forthcoming events/dialogue activities.