Development Volunteer & Project Volunteer
Up to 16 hours per week
Asfar is currently going through a period of change, and needs the help of 2 enthusiastic Volunteers to support this change.
- Support with the development of our organisation and participate in strategic foresight and future activities (Horizon and PESTLE).
- Design and implementation of a range of organisational strategies including Fundraising; UK Delivery; International development.
- Support in Consultancy work including Development Consultancy; Bid Writing; Partnership development; Business development; Marketing and Communications.
- Assistance in identifying new Partners, who could benefit from Asfar’s consultanct services;
- Social Media and e-Films production assistance.
- International partnership management and support the project coordination of Erasmus+ in 8 countries
- The Volunteer position will involve specialist Bid writing training and the potential of gaining training/certification.
- Project co-ordination of Erasmus+ programmes.
- Includes up to 4 Erasmus+ projects and incorporates international travel opportunities.
- Management of international partners.
- Arrangement with the Erasmus+ Coordinator of travel and activity dates.
- Recruitment of participants aged 18 to 30 years of age.
- Providing key information on the different programmes.
- Answer emails and be the key communication channel with participants & partners.
- Coordination of Media including: Photographs; E-Film directions; Social Media and other Media activities to ensure key dissemination takes place.
- Working with the Director in assigning finance and ensuring projects are delivered within budget.
- The Volunteer position will involve project and youth work training and the potential of gaining training/certification.
Skills requirements for the Volunteer roles:
- An interest in Erasmus+, Project Management and Development of the Voluntary & Community Sector and International Development sector.
- Interest in travel and working with young people
- Self-management, Enthusiasm & Initiative
- Project management skills
- Team-working & Leadership skills
- Communication, Engagement & Inter-personal skills
- Research & Writing skills
- A wide range of Digital skills & the willingness to learn more
- Desire to be a project manager/development consultant in the long term, would be highly beneficial
Why Volunteer with Asfar?
- Free travel opportunities to locations such as: Turkey; Jordan; Israel; Morocco; Azerbaijan; Georgia; Bulgaria; Serbia; Macedonia; etc.
- Opportunity to develop new skills, meet new people and gain Career development advice and guidance;
- Free work-based training and the opportunity to gain an accreditation/qualification;
- Make a difference to our society in the UK and support developing communities;
- Guaranteed a lot of fun,personal development and new experiences.
Where will I be Volunteering & more
Asfar works both remotely and at our partners’ outreach sites’ in London and volunteer placements will be based between the two.
Daily travel and lunch budgets will be available for each Volunteer and Volunteers will also benefit from both in-work and accredited training opportunities.
How do I apply?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating which Volunteer role, you are most interested in with a copy of your CV and explain why you would like to get involved in Asfar.