DICE Social Enterprise Development Accelerator project
The Social Enterprise Development Accelerator (SEDA) Project, funded by the British Council Developing Inclusive and Creative Economies programme (DICE), aims to develop an eco-system of support for Social Enterprises in Egypt while also capacity building Egypt’s social enterprise sector by utilizing innovation and best practice from the UK Social Enterprise sector and industries.
The project is delivered in partnership with Asfar and Positive Planet International.
The SEDA Project goal is to contribute to the creation of a favourable, sustainable and gender balanced eco-system for social enterprises in Egypt.
This will be achieved through:
- More women and youth occupying leadership positions in the social enterprises supported by the project;
- Targeted social enterprises are more inclusive in their market offerings.
SEDA will achieve this through 6 key actions are:
- Increase the number of women working in leadership positions at creative and social enterprises supported through this programme;
- Increased number of marginalised individuals working in leadership positions at creative and social enterprises supported by this programme;
- Social enterprise management and beneficiaries increase their acceptable of female and youth management positions;
- SEDA social enterprise beneficiaries increase their diversity;
- Women and young people are engaged and aware of the opportunities the Social Enterprise sector offers to them as future leaders of the industry;
- Development of the Social Enterprise sector through capacity building, increasing knowledge and competences in how to mobilise a profit-making business model with social objectives and benefits.
To learn more about the project or to learn how you can volunteer with Asfar on the SEDA project email: SEDA.Project@asfar.org.uk