The RESOLVE: Life After Brexit Online Dialogue Activity is a skills development & dialogue focused activity where young community change-makers and local peacebuilders can share views and develop skills in order to shape the future of their communities.
The RESOLVE: Life After Brexit Online Dialogue Project is designed to support youth leaders to represent themselves to decision-makers, develop their conflict resolution skills, and ensuring young people are leading community unification as social action leaders and change-makers, with the reality of a new era now that the UK has left the EU.
- Promote young people’s views on key socio-economic-political issues in our world today, specifically ‘life after Brexit’;
- Promote Young people understanding the role of their countries’ democratic processes;
- Ensure Young leaders learn about Social Action, Civic Responsibility & Citizenship;
- Learn to support youth-led social action through the supported organisation of events;
- Hold Inter-Youth and decision-makers debate for peace seminars and activities;
- Youth leaders engage with decision-makers to address social intolerance and community xenophobia;
- To analyse Social Action, civic responsibility and citizenship promotion in the work with youth;
- To receive inputs from youth worker on encouraging youth participation in the RESOLVE: Network – specifically in its governance, chairing of meetings and leading a peace network;
- Wider skills include: Leadership; Team Building; Communication; Social Awareness; as well as several wider EU Key Competencies.
We will work online for 2 weeks. with 5 online meetings, of approx. 3 hours each. Please find the detailed plan below.
28th and 29th of April – from 2pm UK time
4th to the 6th of April – from 2 pm UK time
Your full participation and commitment during all the activities is required to take part in the workshop. We encourage participants to ensure they have a working camera and microphone before participating.
If you are coming from the UK, Germany, Turkey, Slovakia, Hungary and Cyprus, you may be selected to join our RESOLVE: Life After Brexit Dialogue Activities in the UK or Hungary. The dates of the events will be agreed on a later stage due to COVID-19 restrictions.
This Online Dialogue Activity is for young youth leaders, youth workers, team leaders etc, but will be open for everyone as it is an online event, everyone who is affected by conflict, Brexit or is frustrated by decision-makers and interested in becoming a future leader. In particular, we welcome participants from more diverse backgrounds to participate.
The course is open to participants from the UK, Germany, Turkey, Slovakia, Hungary and Cyprus, but as this activity is Online we will also review applications from other Erasmus+ Programme and Partner countries.
To participate register here: https://www.salto-youth.net/tools/european-training-calendar/training/resolve-life-after-brexit.9224/